The deadline to sign up for this co-op has closed. More than 250 neighbors signed up for the co-op, and more than 50 co-op members have gone solar already!
Live in Northern Virginia and want to go solar, but missed the co-op signup deadline? Join the Greater Arlington Solar Co-op which is now accepting members.
Watch a recorded info session to learn about going solar.
How does the co-op work?
Based on the same principal as buying in bulk, the co-op will go through the process of purchasing solar systems together. The group will select a single contractor to install systems on all of the homes, but each participant owns their own system and will sign their own contract with the chosen installer.
By going solar as a group, members will save 30% off the cost of a solar system. They’ll also have the support of the co-op throughout the process instead of having to go it alone.
Get all the details
- Potomac Solar Co-op info sheet with sample finances
- Solar frequently asked questions
- Solar and Homeowners Association Rules in Virginia (Guidance from MDV-SEIA)
- Virginia Solar Renewable Energy Credit (SREC) Info Sheet
- Information about ground-mounted solar panels
Still have questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the Potomac Solar Co-op in the subject line!